Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Can't Help the Feeling, I Could Blow Through the Ceiling

Congratulations to Mr. Joseph R. Halbert for correctly naming "Cochise" by Audioslave as the Tuesday Song of the Day.

Joey's mention of Chris Cornell as a nominee for the Best Rock Vocalist of All-Time sparked another firestorm in this Houston-addled brain of mine.

If you had to choose one song as personal entrance music and/or a personal soundtrack what would it be?

For me, in the realm of entrance music, I'm going with the song named earlier, "Cochise" by Audioslave. It really has it all, my friends: A thundering drum intro, an absolutely filthy guitar riff, and wailing lead vocals.

In the category of personal soundtrack music, I'm stealing the choice of a Bill Simmons-mailbag contributor who noted that each and every Explosions in the Sky has the ability to make even the most mundane tasks seem like epic adventures that take on a mythical quality.

In the personal soundtrack clip, I'll be depicted eating a bowl of fruit loops while an 8-9 minute musical adventure takes place in the background.

Oh, also, pyrotechnics will be present.

Yes, many, many pyrotechnics.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

I defy you to name a more moving experience than Europe's "Final Countdown"

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Prosso said...

Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead.
Entrance music: Pump It Up by Joe Budden or F*ckin in the Bushes by Oasis

PS That is my favorite Explosions song. Thanks for the clip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home