Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You Can Say What You Mean, but It Won't Change a Thing

Congratulations to the newly married Joseph R. Halbert for correctly naming "El Scorcho" by Weezer, as well as providing the bonus information that "El Scorcho" is, in fact, on Weezer's second album, Pinkerton. Joey Halbert, ladies and gentlemen, is truly doing the Lord's work.


Part XXV (Luke's Response)

Around, indeed, she is. And she is easy. Ok I'll stop there.

That's well said- Maybe we don't necessarily care more about sports now, it's just easier to care now.

Lately I've been thinking on something that perhaps can tie in here. Temperament. I often wonder, "what type of person is that?" I see people on TV, people in sports/political/business positions and I wonder. For example, take Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey. He's in pro basketball for a living and he's a computer science type. He may be a mold-breaker among his colleagues, which makes him interesting. Seems there aren't many computer science types among pro hoops GMs.

I wonder what label to place on the person who keeps up with sports intentionally. What type of person is a sports fan? Of course, I realize there are people of all personality types and temperaments who love sports. But generally, what type of person is a sports fan?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home