Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Got a Song to Sing, Keep Me Out of the Cold

My favorite 5 minutes and 18 seconds of yesterday's inauguration came courtesy of this man:

A brief transcript:

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right. Let all those who do justice and love mercy say amen.

I know at least one person who is glad President Obama will be looking out for the red man, this guy:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

p.s. Have you read Tec's Defiance book?

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Justin said...

No, I haven't, although I've heard great things from REPUTABLE sources.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home