Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jealousy Has Got No Use For Me

Congratulations to Ms. Nina Patterson for correctly naming "Down South" by Tom Petty as the Song of the Day for both Sunday and Monday. Also, it's worth noting that Nina knew the song well enough to point out that I added an extra "all" in the title to yesterday's post that is not there in the actual lyrics. The lesson as always, I'm an idiot.

In reaction to today's most startling news, please gather your things and move in an orderly manner to the nearest fall-out shelter: The colossus of all things caffeine, the behemoth of all baristas, the leviathan of lattes, Starbucks, is tightening its collective belt and closing 600 stores nationwide.

In other news, for the next few days I'm headed up to Nashville to visit some friends who currently reside in the 615. Feel free to drop a line in the comment section regarding Nashville landmarks and must-see locations.

Current Reading
A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mark Osler said...

I'll be going to Nashville for the first time this fall-- my publisher is there (Abingdon). I've always wanted to see it. When the date gets closer, I'll hit you up for good things to do there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home