Monday, June 30, 2008

Make Good on All My Back Loans

In a story that you must read simply because it combines references to Fort Thomas, Kentucky, Spartacus, and Harding University, I present to you:

"Obama Supporters Take His Middle Name" by Jodi Kantor in yesterday's New York Times.

Before everyone gets worked up over this, I still remember stories of my grandmother changing her middle name to "Delano" in '32, and my uncle adopting "Milhous" in '68. Truth be told, I'm not sure if he wanted to support the eventual 37th President of the United States or had a premonition on the eventual popularity of Milhouse Van Houten, but I digress. In the words of Ecclesiastes, "There is nothing new under the sun."

P.S. For the McCain supporters out there (coughyourstrulycough), feel free to change your middle name to Mr. McCain's, Sidney.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom Petty- Down South. Who would have thought that the non-Texan would get it? lol. Hope you're having a great summer...

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I forgot to say before, that you put an "All" in the lyrics that doesn't belong I think... but maybe I am wrong?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home